I’m Donna, Personal Trainer and Founder of Donna Johnson Personal Training.
I’m a lifelong fitness enthusiast and have been fortunate enough to turn my own hobby into a fulfilling and rewarding career. Having spent over 10 very enjoyable years working in the Education and Cultural sectors, in many different senior leadership roles, I found the true meaning of ‘living to work’ not ‘working to live’ in the world of fitness. My scientific and academic background, combined with professional workplace coaching experience, are all attributes that I use in my dedicated approach to my clients.
I believe that exercise should be inclusive not exclusive and staying fit and healthy should be enjoyable not a chore. Easier said than done? Well, it all starts with a simple decision to move more, eat well and be happy.
I feel privileged when I work with clients and witness changes. Not just physical change but importantly changes in confidence, motivation and lifestyle. I think I’ve done my job properly when clients are happy, fit and empowered to maintain their hard-earned successes independently.
If you’d like to have a chat about how I can support you with your fitness and nutrition, please get in touch. I’d love to hear from you!
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry, University of Nottingham (First Class)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education- Secondary Science, Keele University (Masters)
- Level 3 Personal Training, Active iQ
- Level 2 Fitness Instructing, Active iQ
- Emergency First Aid, St John Ambulance
- CPD includes: Tri-planar Kettlebells, Powerclubs, Suspension training, Medicine ball, Obesity myths and Fuelling physical activity
I’m Glinys, the Registered Nutritional Therapist at Donna Johnson Personal Training.
I have spent over 38 years working in the Health sector. I specialise in Diabetes and work as a specialist nurse within the NHS supporting patients to take back control of their lives through diet and lifestyle modifications.
I also work as a lecturer, tutor and consultant for various private healthcare organisations and businesses.
My practise in Nutrition is natural and holistic. There are so many mixed messages about the ‘right diet’ but we are all different …all unique. I like to start with very simple principles of real, unprocessed food and then adapt to find what fits my Client’s ‘Blueprint’. By using the Functional Medicine Matrix, which looks at the body as a whole, it becomes possible to direct recommendations that are appropriate to the individual, not a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practise, Institute of Functional Medicine
- Diploma Naturopathic Nutrition, College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Mentorship In Clinical Practice, Staffordshire University
- DESMOND Educator Training and Accreditation, Leicester University
- Warwick Certificate in Diabetes Care, Warwick University
- Registered Nurse, North Staffordshire Hospitals
Glinys has been highlighted and commended by NHS England for her unique approach to medication-free Diabetes care. This case study is truly outstanding.